Health certificates

I have been asked to provide a medical certificate for treekking in tibet to say I am able to walk at 6000 metres. However my gp will only write a general health status letter and says cannot be specific about altitude etc.  Just wanted to check if such a certificate is possible to obtain.

Many thanks



Your GP is correct that it is not possible to be specific about someones health at altitude. No one can guarantee how a person is going to deal with altitude no matter how fit and healthy they are at sea level, so what the trekking company is asking for is impossible. The only thing your GP can give is an honest general health assessment. I would be interested to know the name of the company?
  Dr Kitty Duncan.

| June 9th, 2012 | Posted in Uncategorized |

Comments are closed.